(Redirected from Vermin)Jump to navigation Jump to search
A pest is an animal which harms humans or human concerns. It is a loosely defined term; it overlaps with the terms vermin, weeds, parasites and pathogens. In its broadest sense, a pest is a competitor of humanity.
Top ten pests[change | change source]
- Desert locust Schistocerca gregaria
- Rubber blight Microcyclus ulei
- Corn root worm Diabrotica virgifera virgifera
- Potato blight Phytophthora infestans, an Oomycete
- Khapra beetle Trogoderma granarium
- Mountain pine beetle Dendroctonus ponderosae
- Wheat stem rust Puccinia graminis tritici
- Colorado beetle Leptinotarsa decemlineata
Serious beetle pests[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Mirriam-Webster dictionary, 2010.
- BBC News Science & Environment