Vincent "Don Vito" Margera
|Died||November 15, 2015 (aged 59)|
|Relatives||Bam Margera (nephew)|
Vincent Roy Margera (July 3, 1956 – November 15, 2015), more commonly known as Don Vito, was an American reality television personality. He was known for his appearances in Viva La Bam, Jackass, Haggard and the CKY videos alongside his nephew Bam.
Child sexual abuse conviction[change | change source]
His career was ended with his conviction for child sexual abuse in 2006. He was found groping two 12-year-old girls at an autograph signing and was subsequently held with bail set at $50,000. On October 31, he was found guilty of two counts of sexual assault on a minor and acquitted on one count. On November 1, 2007, he was put on suicide watch. He was held at the Jefferson County Detention Facility until his sentencing on December 20, 2007. He faced between two years to life in prison. He was sentenced to 10 years probation.
Death[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Bam Margera's uncle posts $50,000 bail". MSNBC. August 23, 2006. Retrieved 2007-09-17.
- "Vincent 'Don Vito' Margera On Suicide Watch After Conviction". MTV. November 1, 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-31.
- "'Don Vito' Convicted on 2 Sex Counts". Associated Press. October 31, 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-11-03. Retrieved 2007-10-31.
- "Don Vito Collapses after Conviction". TMZ. October 31, 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-31.
- "'Jackass' Star Vincent 'Don Vito' Margera Dead". TMZ.com. Retrieved 2015-11-15.