|Violet Mosse-Brown (1900-)|
Violet Mosse Brown
Duanvale , Trelawny , British Jamaica
|Residence||Duanvale , Trelawny, Jamaica|
|Other names||Violete Brown, Violet Mosse-Brown, Violet Moss|
|Spouse(s)||Augustus Gaynor Brown (died 1978)|
|Children||6 (4 alive)|
|Parent(s)||John and Elizabeth Mosse|
Violet Brown (née Mosse; born 10 March 1900) is a Jamaican supercentenarian who is, at the age of 117 years, 161 days, the oldest verified living person in the world since the death of Emma Morano on 15 April 2017.
She is also the first verified supercentenarian from Jamaica and the oldest verified Jamaican person ever. Her date of birth was variously reported as 4 March 1900, 10 March 1900, and 15 March 1900. However, it was officially recognised as 10 March 1900 by the Guinness World Records.
She turned 117 on 10 March 2017.
References[change | change source]
- "The independent Mrs Violet Brown". Tashieka Mair (16 July 2007). Archived from the original on 31 July 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150731115532/http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20070716/time/time1.html. The Jamaica Star.
- "Oldest Validated Living Supercentenarians". Gerontology Research Group. http://www.grg.org/SC/WorldSCRankingsList.html. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- Sheena Gayle (8 March 2010). 110-y-o Trelawny woman reveals secret to long life. Jamaica Gleaner. Accessed January 2014.
- "Jamaican woman former slave new oldest person". www.dailymail.co.uk. 18 April 2017. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4419798/Jamaican-woman-former-slave-new-oldest-person.html. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Violet Mosse Foundation, a nonprofit support organisation for contributing to the well-being of all elderly persons. This foundation was founded by Violet Brown's relatives and named after Violet Brown.
|Oldest verified living person
15 April 2017 — Present