October 2, 1938
|Died||November 23, 1983
|Other names||Chocolate Hero
Waheed Murad (Urdu: وحید مراد) (October 2, 1938 – November 23, 1983) was a Pakistani movie actor. Waheed is considered to be one of the most influential actors of subcontinent[source?]. He was born in Karachi, Pakistan. and was the only child of movie distributor Nisar Murad. Waheed got his early education from Karachi Grammar School in Karachi.
Popularity[change | change source]
Waheed Murad is thought to be one of the first Rock n' Roll stars of Pakistan[source?]. Due to his romantic and subtle style of acting, he became well known as the 'Chocolate Hero' and 'Lady Killer'. His haircut, dressing style and even the way he talked were very popular with the youth.
References[change | change source]
- Rise and fall of a silver screen hero. Retrieved on 2012-04-17.
- Waheed Murad on IMDb Retrieved on 2012-04-24.[unreliable source?]
- Pakistani movie heroes in the 60's. Pakistan Film Magazine. Retrieved on 2012-04-24.
- Biography for Waheed Murad on IMDb[unreliable source?]
- Remembering the chocolate hero: Waheed Murad. Despardes.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- The man who changed cinema -DAWN Images; November 26, 2006 . Daily Dawn. Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- Waheed Murad. thecinezine.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-23.
- "Waheed Murad: One hundred and one facts". Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- "President confers Sitara-e-Imtiaz on Waheed Murad". Pakistan Times. 2010-11-23. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Remembering the chocolate hero: Waheed Murad". Despardes.com. Archived from the original on 15 April 2004. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Waheed Murad on IMDb
- Image of a website on Waheed Murad dated 01-13-2005 (now discontinued)
- Biogragphy of Waheed Murad
- Complete database of Waheed's movies including 2 movies released after his death and 1 movie as guest star released in 1959
- The man who changed cinema - DAWN.com
- Waheed Murad Remembered