|First game||Mario Tennis (2000)|
|Created by||Fumihide Aoki|
|Voiced by||Charles Martinet (2000–present)|
Waluigi is a character in Nintendo's series of Mario video games. He is the villain version of Luigi in the same way that Wario is the evil version of Mario. Waluigi is a very long, thin, tall man, who wears purple. However, Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and Yoshi are all friends.
Characteristics[change | change source]
- Wario's brother
- Hyped in the strikers series.
- He acts silly.
- Very tall and thin
- Upside-down Ls (Γs) on hat, gloves and mustache
- Wears purple and black
- Evil version of Luigi
- Owns construction company
- Has self pity
- Signature phrase "Wahh"
He was made as a partner for Wario by the company Camelot in Mario Tennis and other Mario spinoff games and has no real story behind him. Nintendo has not yet confirmed Waluigi to be Wario’s brother He can jump super high and step on people. He is in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as an Assist Trophy. Waluigi is known to be smarter than Wario, but acts sillier.
In Super Smash Bros.[change | change source]
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 3DS and Wii U, and Ultimate, Waluigi is not a playable fighter. He is an assist trophy. A helpful character you can summon and Waluigi will run up to a fighter and bury them by stomping on them. He will then hit them with his tennis racket (likely referencing the Mario sports series) or kick them.
Appearances[change | change source]
- Mario Tennis
- Mario Power Tennis
- Mario Party 3
- Mario Party 4
- Mario Party 5
- Mario Party 6
- Mario Party 7
- Mario Party 8
- Mario Party 9
- Mario Party 10
- Mario Party: The Top 100
- Mario Party 11
- Mario Party DS
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Game & Watch Gallery 4
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
- Mario Golf: Advance Tour
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Mario Kart 8
- Mario kart 8 Deluxe
- Mario Kart DS (unlocked by getting gold medal on 100c. Grand Prix).
- Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
- Mario Kart Wii
- Mario Superstar Baseball
- Mario Super Sluggers
- Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix
- Super Mario Strikers (Mario Smash Football)
- Mario Strikers Charged Football
- Mario Hoops 3-on-3
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- Mario Tennis Aces
- Mario Tennis Open
- Mario Power Tennis
Reception[change | change source]
Waluigi was ranked in the tenth slot on GameDaily's top 10 Nintendo characters that deserve their own games. They also listed him as one of the top 25 video-game anti-heroes, saying that it was too bad that he has never had the spotlight.
However, he also ranked number one on the Top 10 Worst Mario Characters list from Game Daily, which said, "for every likable character there's one that continues to annoy us even years after we're done with the game they came from". Waluigi has been criticised by others as well. Cracked.com said that he was a lazy excuse to add a new villain to the spin-off games and even called him an "abomination".
References[change | change source]
- "Top 10 Nintendo Characters That Deserve Their Own Games". GameDaily. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Yahoo!". www.gamedaily.com.
- "The Top 10 Worst Mario Characters". GameDaily. Retrieved 2007-11-30.
- "Top 10 Nintendo Characters That Deserve Their Own Games - Page 1". Cracked.com. Retrieved 2009-12-29.