|10th Mayor of Miramar|
|Assumed office |
April 1, 2015
|Preceded by||Lori Cohen Moseley|
Wayne Martin Messam
June 1974 (age 45)
South Bay, Florida, U.S.
|Education||Florida State University|
Messam has been seen as a possible candidate for President in the 2020 United States presidential election. On March 13, 2019, he announced the formation of an exploratory committee for a potential run. Messam announced his candidacy on March 28, 2019.
References[change | change source]
- "Mayor Wayne M. Messam". City of Miramar. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- Smiley, David. "Can anyone be president in 2020? This South Florida mayor may run and find out". Miami Herald. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- waynemessam (4 February 2019). "My wife Angela and I count it a blessing that the great record of the city of Miramar would even place us in this conversation. When it comes to being an ambassador for the city, I have always said that all options will remain on the table" (Tweet).
- "Little-known Florida mayor to announce 2020 exploratory committee". CNN. March 13, 2019.
- Dan Merica (March 28, 2019). "Florida Mayor Wayne Messam announces 2020 presidential bid". CNN.