|Type||GmbH & Co KG family-owned|
|People who started it||Hans Weber|
|Things made||high quality prefabricated houses|
WeberHaus GmbH & Co. KG is one of Germany’s leading home builders of off-site manufactured houses with more than 35,000 individually designed, sustainable, energy-efficient homes built across Europe. The head office and one of two production halls is in Rheinau-Linx, Germany. The family-owned company produces prefabricated single and multi-family houses as well as prefabricated commercial constructions in wood. WeberHaus employs about 1,140 people (including apprentices). The annual turnover amounts to 250 million euros (2017).
Locations[change | change source]
At the production halls in Rheinau-Linx (Baden-Württemberg) and Wenden-Hünsborn (North Rhine-Westphalia) WeberHaus produced 745 houses for the European market in 2017. In addition to Germany, the company is active in France, Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Ireland and Switzerland.
History and Development[change | change source]
In 1960 Hans Weber took over a two-man carpentry business in Rheinau-Linx, which specialized in the production of residential buildings in timber frame (timber framing). In 1961, the first three prefabricated houses were built. In the 1970s, the first factory buildings were built in Linx, the license was acquired and henceforth only own houses were built. In 1978 a second factory was built in Wenden-Hünsborn.
In 1985, WeberHaus opened the first builders center in the industry at the Rheinau-Linx headquarters, a hall with sample solutions and advice for future clients. In 1991, WeberHaus was the first house construction company to introduce low-energy construction as the standard. In 1993, the first WeerHaus branch in Switzerland was founded in Kindhausen. In October 2000, WeberHaus opened the World of Living at the Rheinau-Linx headquarters, Europe's first and so far only theme park for building Since 2006 WeberHaus offers Plus Energy Houses. In addition to company founder Hans Weber and his wife Christa Weber, his daughter Heidi Weber-Mühleck is one of the managing partners. Commercial director is Stephan Jager and Peter Liehner is managing director sales / marketing.
Ecology[change | change source]
Since 1990, WeberHaus has been building only low-energy houses and in 1996 developed the first zero-heating house, where solar plants produce hot water and electricity. In 2000, the first passive house followed with direct heating and heat recovery and in 2006 the plus energy house, which gains more energy than it needs. Every WeberHaus today is equipped with an ecological building shell. The wood fiber insulation board protects the house from external influences such as cold, heat and noise.
World of Living[change | change source]
In October 2000 WeberHaus opened the "World of Living" at the headquarters in Rheinau-Linx (Baden-Wurttemberg), Europe's first and so far only adventure park in the areas of building and living. The park covers an area of 75,000 square meters and offers a 5,000 square meter showroom. Our World of Living show park is a space dedicated to choice, inspiration and imagination when it comes to contemporary home designs. It's everything we believe building your home should be – and we want to show you how your ideas for your perfect prefabricated property can be realised with the WeberHaus Team. The World of Living features a village of full-size show homes, simulators for virtual house tours, the Hall of Creativity, the WeberHaus factory and even our Universe of Time – a curated history of home design through the ages.
Awards[change | change source]
- 2002 – 2005 – WeberHaus receives award from the Federal Association of German Prefabricated Housing
- 2004 – Baden-Württemberg Timber Construction Award
- 2005 – Fachschriften publishing house presents Strebel Award to WeberHaus
- 2005 – Das Einfamilienhaus magazine's House of the Year Award
- 2007 – Golden Helios eco-award
- 2007 – CRM Best Practice Award for WeberHaus family
- 2008 – WeberHaus receives House of the Year Readers' Choice Award from Der Bauherr magazine
- 2008 – SCHÖNER WOHNEN magazine's House of the Year Award
- 2011 – WeberHaus wins Technology Cube for their smart energy and smart home concept
- 2012 – WeberHaus PlusEnergie concept wins 2012 365 Landmarks in the Land of Ideas competition
- 2012 – WeberHaus wins 2012 German Dream House competition
- 2013 – House of the Year readers' choice award
- 2013 – WeberHaus founder receives Business Award
- 2014 – WeberHaus takes pole position in the smart prefab homes category
- 2015 – WeberHaus received excellent grading in Sustainable Building certificate
- 2015 – Winning in the category of Plus Energy Homes, WeberHaus took home the prestigious Deutscher Traumhauspreis (German Dream House Award)
- 2015 – Second Runner-Up for WeberHaus Energy Saving Homes
- 2016 – German consumer studies society test Winner
- 2016 – Sustainable building by the Bau-Institut Resource efficiency and sustainability
- 2017 – Winner of Brand Champions
- 2017 – Winner of German Dream House Award, premium and family houses categories.
- 2017 – Winner of German Model House Award, premium sector
- 2017 – Awarded 1st place for Service Champions
- 2017 – Value for Money Check by Focus Money
- 2018 – First place at the "Großer Deutscher Fertighauspreis 2018"
WeberHaus is also awarded with numerous quality Labels:
- Member of the Quality Association Deutscher Fertigbau (QDF)
- Toxproof-label of the TÜV Rheinland/Berlin-Brandenburg
- Natureplus-quality mark for the outer wall ÖvoNatur (stands for health compatibility, environmentally friendly production and conservation of finite resources)
- The RAL organisation: This label shows that the WeberHaus production and house build processes are monitored by a third party
- Recommended medical housing, Awarded by the Society of Residential Hygiene, Construction Medicine and Interior Toxicol
- Minergie certification of Switzerland for excellent building insulation and rational use of energy
- 30-year warranty: Every WeberHaus prefabricated home comes with a 30-year guarantee on the timber frame elements