- This article is about the plants called weeds; For the drug, see: Cannabis (drug)
A weed is a plant that people think is bad, because it is growing in the wrong place. Only smaller plants are often called weeds.
A person may grow a plant because it has beautiful flowers, but other people may think that this plant is a weed for some reason. This may be for one of these reasons:
- it has pollen that makes them sneeze,
- it spreads seeds which will grow quickly,
- the roots go too far under the ground and can cause damage to houses or pipes,
- the roots spread quickly,
- the plant has poisonous berries,
- the plant has liquid (sap) in it which can hurt a person's skin,
If someone is farming a plant and it then moves outside the farm, the plant may then be called a weed.
Weed control[change | change source]
Christopher Lloyd appreciates weeds in, the well tempered garden.