Jump to navigation Jump to search
Menu[change | change source]
Key Dates[change | change source]
- 1969: Wendy's founded 
- 1970: Opens first commercial drive-thru
- 1979: Introduces salad bar
- 1984: Where's the Beef? slogan debuts
- 1986: Near failure of 1/5 of Wendy's stores
- 1989: Super Value Menu debuts
- 1995: Acquires Tim Hortons
- 2002: Dave Thomas dies
- 2006: Wendy's divested itself of Tim Hortons
- 2007: Original Wendy's Restaurant closes
- 2008: Announces merger with Triarc
Slogans[change | change source]
US - Canada[change | change source]
- 1970 - 1978: Quality Is Our Recipe (This Slogan is still shown on the Wendy's logo today.)
- 1978 - 1979: Juicy hamburgers
- 1979 - 1980: Hot-N-Juicy
- 1980 - 1981: Wendy's Has the Taste You Crave
- 1981 - 1982: Ain't No Reason to Go Anyplace Else
- 1982 - 1983: You're Wendy's Kind of People
- 1983 - 1984: Parts is parts
- 1984 - 1986: Where's the beef?
- 1986 - 1987: Choose Fresh, choose Wendy's
- 1987 - 1993: Give a little nibble
- 1989 - 1998: The best burgers and a whole lot more (also was printed inside the hamburger wrappers during the 1990s)
- 1997 - Present: You can eat great, even late
- 2001 - 2005: It's hamburger bliss.
- 2002 - 2005: It's better here
- 2003 - 2007: It's Always Great, Even Late. (Canada)
- 2005 - 2007: Do what tastes right. (primary slogan)
- 2005 - Present: It's good to be square.
- January 2007 - October 2007: That's right.
- January 2007 - October 2007: Uh Huh.
- 2007 - 2008: Hot Juicy Burgers
- February 2008: It's waaay better than fast food... It's Wendy's. (US)
- February 2008: It's waaaaaaaaaay delicious. It's Wendy's. (Canada)
- Present: You know when it's real
International[change | change source]
- 1983: It's the best time for...Wendy's (Philippines)
- 2000 (approx) - Present: We don't cut corners (New Zealand)
- 2000 (approx) - Present: Wendy's cuadra contigo (Wendy's fits with you). The word cuadra (fit) is a reference to the word cuadro that means square (Venezuela)
- 2001 (approx) - Present: El Sabor de lo Recien Hecho (The Flavor of the Freshly Made) (Honduras)
- 2007 (approx) - Present: Wendy's es Sensacional (Wendy's is Sensational) (El Salvador)
- 2008 - Present: It's not just fast food; it's fresh food, made fast  (Malaysia)
- 2008 - Present: Old Fashion Hamburgers (Dominican Republic)
References[change | change source]
- Hoovers.com. "McDonald's". answers.com. Retrieved 2007-08-23.
- Philip H. Dougherty (1986-06-26). "Wendy's Spot Created By Lockhardt & Pettus". the New York Times. Retrieved 2007-12-29.
The group has a song Fresh that fits in well with the Wendy's theme, Choose fresh. Choose Wendy's.Check date values in:
- Davide Dukcevich (2002-04-09). "Wendy's Salad Days". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved 2007-12-29.
Earlier this month, Wendy's released a new advertising tagline, "It's Better Here," as part of a campaign that purports to showcase Dublin, Ohio, where it has its headquarters.Check date values in:
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wendy's.|