West Hollywood, California
West Hollywood, California
|City of West Hollywood|
Part of the Sunset Strip in 2001
"The Creative City"
|Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 488: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/Los Angeles" does not exist.|
|Incorporated||November 29, 1984|
|• Type||City Council/City Manager|
|• Mayor||John Heilman|
|• Councilmembers||Lauren Meister |
John Duran (Mayor Pro Tempore)
|• City manager||Paul Arevalo|
|• City||1.89 sq mi (4.89 km2)|
|• Land||1.89 sq mi (4.89 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||282 ft (86 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||19,447.80/sq mi (7,507.24/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−8 (Pacific)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−7 (PDT)|
90038, 90046, 90048, 90069
|Area codes||310/424, 213/323|
|GNIS feature IDs||1652810, 2412221|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to West Hollywood, California.|
West Hollywood (nickname: WeHo) is a city of Los Angeles County, California. It was made a city on November 29, 1984. The population was 34,399 at the 2010 census. According to a 2002 analysis, 41% of the city's population is made up of gays. West Hollywood and the neighboring city of Beverly Hills are surrounded by the city of Los Angeles.
References[change | change source]
- "California Cities by Incorporation Date". California Association of Local Agency Formation Commissions. Archived from the original (Word) on November 3, 2014. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "West Hollywood General Plan 2035 Public Review Draft". City of West Hollywood. p. 27. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "City Council". City of West Hollywood. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- "Paul Arevalo". City of West Hollywood. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jun 28, 2017.
- "West Hollywood". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- "West Hollywood (city) QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- "West Hollywood profile: American Factfinder". Factfinder2.census.gov. 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
Other websites[change | change source]
- West Hollywood Official Website
- West Hollywood General Plan Update (PDF)
- West Hollywood Marketing & Visitors Bureau
- Official site for gay travel in West Hollywood
- LA County Disaster Communications Service (DCS) West Hollywood Station
- The Avenues Official Website
- The Sunset Strip Official Website
- West Hollywood Daily News Website
- West Hollywood News Website
- The Sunset Strip Music Festival
- LA Pride
- West Hollywood Halloween Costume Carnaval
- Official West Hollywood Filming Site
- West Hollywood Employers' Corporate Equality Index
- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept. – West Hollywood Station
- La Cienega Design Quarter