Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- This is the Simple English Wikipedia. Click here for the Administrators' Noticeboard on the regular English Wikipedia.
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism from other users to administrators.
- Use Requests for permissions to request administrators to give you tools that can help you do things faster on Wikipedia, such as rollback.
- Use Simple talk to ask general questions about Wikipedia and how to use it.
Block request[change source]
- No. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:01, 21 October 2019 (UTC)
Hide request[change source]
Can you hide all this revisions? Reason: death threats.
- Done by User:Macdonald-ross. --Auntof6 (talk) 18:11, 22 October 2019 (UTC)
Suspicious user[change source]
Justin86e keeps making a wide array of pointless edits, something he was blocked for on enwiki (here's AIV discussion.) Just wanted to make sure any admin is aware of this user. Someone please take care of him, it's getting clear he's not here to contribute. Zaxxon0 (talk) 02:39, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
- Blocked indef per WP:ONESTRIKE. I was initially intending to give him a while to see if the edits improve, but unfortunately seems to be a case of WP:CIR here, as highlighted on EN's ANI. Chenzw Talk 07:56, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
Edit wars in RC.[change source]
- Its a WMF-banned editor - I reported each IP on metawiki, but they move so fast I haven't bothered with local block requests --DannyS712 (talk) 03:10, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
- We don't usually protect talk pages, but we might if the page owner requested it himself. --Auntof6 (talk) 22:38, 24 October 2019 (UTC)
I think I know how a vandal's avoiding blocks.[change source]
Over the last few weeks, a guy's been attacking the wiki. He's an IP sockpuppet user with a possible VPN in his arsenal (he's using it to avoid blocks and create new accounts). I think we should update the policies with how VPNs are handled. There's no doubt that IP vandals will use VPN software to vandalize simple. Thanks, --Derpdart56 (talk) 00:01, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- VPNs and open proxies are frequently subject to global blocks. We don't have a large enough admin team here to maintain a local block on every VPN we find and to periodically update it. Even if we did do that, they'd still find unblocked IPs to vandalize with. Best regards, Vermont (talk) 00:05, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
- I still think that sockpuppets shouldn't just be accounts though. Sockpuppets can use IPs to their advantage, avoiding blocks or just multiple stuff. --Derpdart56 (talk) 00:10, 29 October 2019 (UTC)