This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- This is the Simple English Wikipedia. Click here for the Administrators' Noticeboard on the regular English Wikipedia.
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism from other users to administrators.
- Use Requests for permissions to request administrators to give you tools that can help you do things faster on Wikipedia, such as rollback.
- Use Simple talk to ask general questions about Wikipedia and how to use it.
- 1 Fascism
- 2 Protection of talk page
- 3 Protection of "Donald Trump"
- 4 Request protection on African Americans
- 5 Protection of Bondi Beach
- 6 Protection of Volcanic eruption
- 7 User:Computer Fizz/How to effectively deal with vandalism without being an admin
- 8 request for uploader
- 9 New users are blocked from adding references.
Protection of talk page[change source]
Can I please get my talk page indefinitely semi-protected here? It's a constant target for sockpuppet vandalism. Also can someone please oversight this edit? TenPoundHammer (talk) 23:56, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- In general, user talk pages are not protected indefinitely, so I have applied a protection of 6 months instead (to be extended if necessary). The revision has been deleted, but I don't see oversight-worthy level of information at this point of time. Chenzw Talk 01:26, 31 August 2019 (UTC)
Protection of "Donald Trump"[change source]
- It's already semi-protected, and that's the best the sysops can do. Simple doesn't have extended confirmed protection so the article can't be 30-500 protected. Hiàn (talk) 16:22, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
Request protection on African Americans[change source]
- I have protected it for a bit. Wouldn't normally protect for so little vandalism but probably a good idea on this one. -DJSasso (talk) 11:28, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Protection of Bondi Beach[change source]
- In the case of one, a few, or a range of IPs, we usually block them instead of protecting the page. Vermont (talk) 15:06, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Protection of Volcanic eruption[change source]
- Please read what Vermont said previously, in addition, there is only 1 IP that used "fixed typo" in the edit summary so far. 大诺史 (Talk/留言/토론/Discussion) 14:18, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
Please protect this page as it's my userspace and i may ask for that. Also sidenote, considering the last sevenposts here are requests for protection, maybe there should be a sole page? Computer Fizz (talk) 01:22, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
- Protected. Considering the last seven posts span out over almost a month, and this sort of activity for protection requests is abnormal, I don't think a separate page is necessary. Vermont (talk) 01:28, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
- They are also all from people who don't realize we don't generally protect pages unless absolutely necessary. -DJSasso (talk) 15:30, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
request for uploader[change source]
- Not done We don't have the capacity to host images here, especially ones that wouldn't be okay on commons. Best, Vermont (talk) 18:08, 17 September 2019 (UTC)