If you think a review of a deletion discussion is needed, please list it here and say why. Users can then comment to reach an agreement on whether the community thinks the discussion was closed correctly, or the decision should be overturned. Each user can say if he or she wants to endorse the closure, or overturn the closure, with a brief comment, and sign with ~~~~.
A page should stay listed here for at least 5 to 7 days. After that time, an administrator will decide if there is a consensus (agreement) about what to do, and take appropriate steps. If the consensus was that the discussion was closed correctly, the discussion should be closed with a note saying this.
- Archived requests are here
Current requests[change source]
- Please list newer requests at the top.
My talk page edit notice[change source]
- Sounds like you want to make a page that goes exactly against WP:DENY which you've already been talked to about. Only (talk) 23:40, 14 May 2017 (UTC)
- Besides that, how much good would a talk page edit notice do? The sockpuppets would have to edit your talk page to see it, and if they're known sockpuppets they'll probably be blocked and unable to edit your talk page. --Auntof6 (talk) 01:10, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
- Auntof6, do you remember posting this on my talk page? "There's nothing wrong with an edit notice that says "Don't vandalize this talk page," but you don't need to quote the vandalism or refer to specific vandals." Those sockpuppets were able to edit my talk page before getting blocked and locked. Anyways, I've made a notice that does not violate WP:DENY as per Only. You can see it here. If it is not any problem I will move it to the edit notice page. ««« SOME GADGET GEEK »»» (talk) 01:55, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
Diamond Foundry[change source]
Diamond Foundry is America's largest producer of jewelry grade diamonds, funded with $100MM by investors including Leonardo DiCaprio, etc. The company is in national news all the time. It is fighting the mining cartel with all its abusive practices. Its entire Wikipedia page was deleted for no good reason whatsoever. Someone must have paid off some Wikipedia editor to do that. It's upsetting that this would happen on Wikipedia. Please restore the original article.
- This is the Simple ENglish Wikipedia. No article has existed here for Diamond Foundry. You'll want to go to the English Wikipedia for this one. Only (talk) 00:42, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
This is from a long time ago. i was wondering if the sandbox I created could be undeleted for just a day. I had its contents emailed to me at the time it was deleted, but there is info from past revisions that I did not get and really would like. If there is another way I could see the edit history without undeleting I'd be happy to do that instead, but if not all I ask is for one day so I can quickly copy down the content I need. --TheShadowCrow (talk) 19:11, 7 April 2017 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but no. We had another case like this where the request was denied because Wikipedia is not to be used to store one's own content. --Auntof6 (talk) 19:20, 7 April 2017 (UTC)
Huey P. Newton[change source]
While studying for my black history course, I was doing research on the Black Panthers and happen to find that wikipedia has absolutely no information on the creator of the movement, Huey P Newton. He was one of the most important civil rights pioneers of the 1960's and one of the most politically divisive pioneers of the 1960's and 1970's. He once had a page here but it was removed or deleted by racist. Wikipedia must protect or lock pages of black civil rights personalities. Please restore the page of Huey P Newton and lock it from abuse. — This unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • changes) at 20:16, 10 March 2017.
- It doesn't look like we ever had an article called Huey P. Newton, so there's nothing to restore. --Auntof6 (talk) 20:37, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
Walt Koken[change source]
Please excuse this as the inexperience of a new user. I created a page in honor of Walt Koken, one of the most widely respected members of the American Old Time Music community. (https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Koken) I posted it here in the Simple English Wikipedia. I then saw that it did not appear in the Wikipedia itself, so I deleted my entry and reposted it in the Wikipedia. However, now that I understand the distinction between the two sites, I realize I should have left my original article here, given its subject matter and the simple language used to write it. Would the administrators kindly restore it for me? — This unsigned comment was added by Rosebythedoor (talk • changes) at 15:21, 27 February 2017.
- @Rosebythedoor: The page has been restored. It does need some work to simplify and wikify it. If you want, it can be moved to your userspace to work on. Otherwise, someone might nominate it for deletion because it's a copy of the English Wikipedia article. --Auntof6 (talk) 20:36, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
Overcoming Obstacles[change source]
I created an article for the non-profit organization Overcoming Obstacles that gives away free life skills curriculum. The page was deleted due to its "promotional tone". We tried to edit the content in order to just provide relevant information on the organization as well as multiple sources but the page keeps on getting deleted. Can you give us specifics on how we can restore the page. All we want is to have a place where users can read about the national organization. Let us know what we can do. — This unsigned comment was added by 2603:3008:206:d200:c8f6:5cd0:6195:7161 (talk • changes) at 16:37, 2 February 2017.
- I think you are on the wrong Wikipedia. It doesn't look like there was ever an article with that name here on Simple English Wikipedia, but I see that one was deleted on English Wikipedia a couple of times. You need to pursue this there. --Auntof6 (talk) 17:42, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
Hanummanthappa Koppad[change source]
I have create an article Hanummanthappa Koppad. Talk:MBlaze Lightning proposed this article for speedy deletion due some violation of policy (reference related). After that i have remove that content from the page. Now I can not find this article on wikipedia. IT IS DELETED ????? It was under discussion process. The Link redirecting to other article. If its deleted then why not notified to me. WHERE IS DISCUSSION PAGE FOR DELETION NOMINATION. WHAT IS THE PROPER REASON FOR DELETION. Please clear me. सुमित सिंह (talk) 06:04, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
- I think you are on the wrong site. This is Simple English Wikipedia, and it doesn't look like you ever created any articles here. Maybe this article was on a different Wikipedia. @MBlaze Lightning:, can you shed any light on this? --Auntof6 (talk) 06:23, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
I created article Majuli.Someone had deleted the article completely. Majuli is one of the largest riverine island in the world.How it doesnt meet the rules of this wiki. Even in english wiki there is a big article about it. Please do consider this and i want my article back. I will atleast make it larger.--wiki tamil 100 (talk) 04:09, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
- @Wiki tamil 100: The article was deleted because it wasn't simplified enough for this wiki. I see that it also needed some copy editing. If you want, it can be restored it to your userspace so that you can work on it there. Let me know if you would like that. I can also give you links to pages here that have information that can help you do the simplifying. --Auntof6 (talk) 04:42, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
- A user has recreated it. Please note that the only indication of notability is the vague, unreferenced statement that it has a cult following, so it could be qd'd again or even rfd'd. --Auntof6 (talk) 18:43, 14 January 2017 (UTC)
Iveta Mukuchyan[change source]
Iveta Mukuchyan is one of the most famous singers/models in Armenia and Germany. Also, she took part in a song contest run by the European Broadcasting Union. Why was this page deleted? --Harut111 (talk) 19:49, 06 January 2017 (UTC)
- @Harut111: The page was deleted (back in October) because it was copied from English Wikipedia without being simplified (or not simplified enough) for this wiki. If you want, it could be restored to your userspace so that you could work on simplifying it. --Auntof6 (talk) 18:53, 6 January 2017 (UTC)
Asher Kimchi biography deletion, guidance needed please[change source]
May I please have some guidance? I posted a page re: Asher Kimchi, one of the world's leading cardiologists. The biography on that page was approved by Dr. Kimchi for publication and was put up a few years ago on the Cedars Sinai hospital staff page.It was flagged for copyright issues... Because it is about him and both Cedars and Dr. Kimchi are fine with publishing it again (and it is an officially approved bio), would it not be OK to publish it here? If not, I will re-write it and resubmit, but the information remains basically the same. Would it be possible for you to give me some guidance on this as well as to allow Auntof6 to repost the page as a draft so I can make whatever changes necessary? Thank you for your help..I am a newbie on here and very much appreciate your help, as I have others I would like to document who I believe have no pages and who are making substantial contributions to the world. --HistoRian49 (talk) 17:09, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
- This wiki does not have a workflow for validating official permission given by your organisation/hospital, so at this time, we are unable to process it even if the original bio has official approval. You will need to re-write the text. I have restored the content to User:HistoRian49/Asher Kimchi for you to work on. Please take care to write about the person from a neutral point of view; Wikipedia is not a place for résumés. Chenzw Talk 16:05, 30 December 2016 (UTC)