Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Rollback
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Current requests for rollback[change]
- I've just begun to make contributions to this Wikipedia project (so if I need to demonstrate more activity here before being granted this flag, I completely understand). I currently have rollback rights on my English Wikipedia account, and I'd like to use the rollback flag to assist with reverting vandalism here as well. If the granting administrator has any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Cheers. ~Oshwah~ (talk) (contribs) 12:45, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
- Not done Not yet, Oshwah. Your changes are good, but you haven't done very much here yet and haven't been working on this Wiki very long. There are some things that are done differently here from the way they're done on other Wikipedias, and some of those things can look like vandalism if you're not familiar with them. I listed some of them here, but there are probably others. I recommend spending time to get familiar with the differences here, keep doing anti-vandalism work, and even do some content work to show that you understand how to work here. After that, you can ask again for the rollback right. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions you have. --Auntof6 (talk) 19:13, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
- HA! No worries, Auntof6. I figured that you'd want to see some contributions out of me before giving out any permissions. Rollback would have just made life easier since it would have allowed me to use Huggle to keep an eye on things. No worries; there are other ways :-) I appreciate the link that you sent me. It has a lot of random things that are good to know. I've already noticed quite a bit of differences with this project compared to en.wiki, but nothing that's "horribly scary" or something you can't get used to. With some careful eyes, double-checking of policy, and the asking of help from others, I'm sure I'll get used to everything pretty quickly. Again, I appreciate your response and your helpful guidance. It's a pleasure to meet you, and happy editing. ~Oshwah~ (talk) (contribs) 21:34, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
- It has been about 15 months since my rollback rights were removed. In that time I have improved my vandal fighting skills. I have learned from were I went wrong last time and I have a much better understanding of when to use the rollback tool and when it is more appropriate to use the twinkle rollback or the undo button. I also re-requested this tool in July 2014 but it was declined because of recent vandalism on the English Wikipedia. I no longer vandalise the English Wikipedia and it has been a sometime since I last caused problems there so now I believe I can be trusted with this tool. — This unsigned comment was added by Druddigon (talk • changes) at 21:14, 8 August 2015 (UTC).
- I understand the difference between edits that need reverting when editors may have been acting in good faith, and deliberate vandalism. I have read and understand the guidelines concerning rollbacking. I have made more than 250 edits concerning recent changes, including welcoming IPs and registered users who edit constructively, reverting both good faith and deliberately disruptive edits, warning IPs and registered users who make disruptive edits or otherwise explaining if they were acting in good faith, and reporting to Vandalism in Progress (once, following vandalism aftera final warning.) --Rubbish computer (talk) 12:29, 23 August 2015 (UTC)