Type of site
|Created by||Jimmy Wales and the Wikimedia community|
|Launched||December 12, 2002|
Wiktionary is a wiki-based project to develop a multilingual online dictionary, or a group of meanings for words, in the form of a wiki. There are many languages of Wiktionary. Wiktionary is also a thesaurus. Wiktionary is run by the Wikimedia Foundation, which also runs Wikipedia. The English Wiktionary currently has over 6.1 million pages and 3.5 million users. Much like Wikipedia, the Wiktionary is run in several different languages that can be selected from its main page.
Sources[change | change source]
- Special:Statistics - Wiktionary - Retrieved on May 10, 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Link to Simple English Wiktionary main page|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wiktionary.|
- Simple English Wiktionary main page
- English Wiktionary main page
- Simple English Wiktionary mobile version
- English Wiktionary mobile
- List of Wiktionaries by language family