William Dunlop (motorcyclist)
William Dunlop (23 July 1985 – 7 July 2018) was a Northern Irish professional motorcycle racer. He was part of a motorcycle racing dynasty. Dunlop was the elder brother of Michael. His best results at the Isle of Man TT saw him securing two second place finishes, the last being in the 2016 TT Zero.
Until late 2015, Dunlop had raced for Tyco BMW Motorrad Racing campaigning the BMW S1000RR and a Suzuki GSX-R600. The 2016 season saw him competing at the main International Road Races aboard Yamaha YZF-R1 and Yamaha YZF-R6 in the Superbike and Supersport categories.
Dunlop was killed in a motorcyle crash during practice at the 2018 Skerries 100 Road Races in County Dublin, aged 32.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ William Dunlop confirms return to CD Racing for 2016 Bike Sport News, 3 November 2015, Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- ↑ MSS Performance back William Dunlop for 2016 IoM TT.com Retrieved 13 December 2015
- ↑ William Dunlop dies following Skerries accident RTÉ Sport, 7 July 2018. Retrieved 8 July 2018
Other websites[change | change source]
- Isle of Man Database TT biography
- William Dunlop Racing Archived 2018-07-09 at the Wayback Machine Official Website