Wolfgang Leonhard (16 April 1921 – 17 August 2014) was a German political author, historian, and expert. He wrote many books on Communism and how he was against it. He was the last living member of the Ulbricht Group, an anti-communism group. Leonhard was born in Vienna, Austria to German parents.
Awards[change | change source]
- Phi Beta Kappa from Yale University (1982)
- Merit Cross 1st Class of the Federal Republic of Germany (Verdienstkreuz 1. Klasse) (1987)
- Honorary doctorate from the Chemnitz University of Technology (1998)
- Cross of Honour for Science and Art, 1st Class (Austria, 2002)
- European Science Culture Award (2004)
References[change | change source]
- "Obituary in Die Zeit". Zeit.de. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
More reading[change | change source]
- Wolfgang Leonhard, Die Revolution entlässt ihre Kinder. Köln (Kiepenheuer & Witsch) 1955; in Engl.: Child of the revolution. Transl. by C. M. Woodhouse. London (Collins) 1957
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Wolfgang Leonhard at Wikimedia Commons