Women's Empowerment or Women Empowering is the process of giving women more power. It involves improving women's sense of self worth and their ability to make their own choices about their lives. It also includes giving women legal rights to change the societies in which they live. Many developing and developed countries are talking about women's empowerment more. When women are empowered economically, that means they have money and jobs. Then they can have control over their own resources and wealth. This helps them plan for many risks in life. It also helps improve their well-being socially, mentally, and physically.
- Establishment of the high level corporate leadership for gender equality.
- Equal treatment of men and women, along with respect and no discrimination or bias.
- Ensuring the health, safety and well-being of both men and women workers.
- Promotion and development of women's education and entry into the professions.
- Implementation of the development of enterprises as well as marketing practices.
- Promotion of equality of rights through massive awareness and proper advocacy.
- Watching and measuring projects meant to make men and women more equal and telling the public whether or not they worked and by how much.
Currently, people want to strengthen women empowerment is increasing day by day, across the globe, to remove the current situation on bad treatment to females and gender bias in the world. According to a report from the United Nations (UN), around 750 million women as well as girls were married before being eighteen years old and around 250 million women have undergone Female genital mutilation (FGM) across the world.
One of the positive results of the dedicated efforts of women empowerment projects around the world is that in 46 developed nations, women hold more than 30 percent of seats in national parliament in at least one chamber.
References[change | change source]
- "Womens Empowerment - Facts, Stories and How To Help | World Vision Australia". www.worldvision.com.au. Retrieved 2021-09-13.
- "Endorse the Women's Empowerment Principles | UN Global Compact". www.unglobalcompact.org. Retrieved 2021-09-13.