Wonder Woman 1984
Wonder Woman 1984 (also known as WW84) is an upcoming 2020 American superhero movie based on the DC Comics character Wonder Woman. It is to be the sequel to 2017's Wonder Woman and the eighth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The movie is directed by Patty Jenkins, with a screenplay by Geoff Johns, David Callaham and Jenkins, from a story written by Johns and Jenkins. It is produced by Charles Roven, Gal Gadot, Zach Snyder and Deborah Snyder.
It stars Gadot as Wonder Woman, with Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Kristen Wiig as Cheetah and Pedro Pascal as Maxwell Lord. It is the eight movie in the DC Extended Universe. The movie is set in 1984 during the Cold War. Hans Zimmer will compose the movie soundtrack score.
References[change | change source]
- Kit, Borys (September 11, 2017). "'Wonder Woman' Sequel: Patty Jenkins Officially Set to Return as Director". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 11, 2017.
- Sharf, Zack (June 13, 2018). "'Wonder Woman 1984' First Look: Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins Reunite, While Chris Pine Makes Surprise Return". IndieWire. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (March 28, 2018). "'Narcos' Star Pedro Pascal Lands Key Role in 'Wonder Woman' Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- Betancourt, David (March 9, 2018). "Kristen Wiig will star in 'Wonder Woman' sequel as the Cheetah, Patty Jenkins confirms". The Washington Post. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- Stauffer, Derek (April 24, 2018). "Patty Jenkins Confirms Wonder Woman 2 Is Set in The '80s". ScreenRant. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- Galuppo, Mia; Shanley, Patrick. "'Wonder Woman 2' Sets Release Date". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on July 26, 2017. Retrieved July 26, 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter