|Coordinates: 35°16′53.4″N 139°40′19.5″E / 35.281500°N 139.672083°E|
|• Mayor||Katsuaki Kamiji|
|• Total||100.8 km2 (38.9 sq mi)|
(October 1, 2020)
|• Density||3,850/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (June 2020)
Yokosuka (横須賀市, Yokosuka-shi) is a city in Kanagawa, Japan. It is at the beginning of the Tokyo Bay in the Miura Peninsula. The city stretches across the peninsula to Sagami Bay.
It has been recognized as a core city since 2001.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Jacobs, A.J. "Japan's Evolving Nested Municipal Hierarchy: The Race for Local Power in the 2000s," Urban Studies Research, Vol. 2011 (2011), p. 8 [PDF 8 of 14]; retrieved 2012-12-5.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Yokosuka, Kanagawa at Wikimedia Commons
- Yokosuka Naval Base Community Website
- Official website Archived 2008-12-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Yokosuka U.S. Navy base official website Archived 2009-01-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Geographic data related to Yokosuka, Kanagawa at OpenStreetMap