Yona of the Dawn
|Yona of the Dawn|
(Akatsuki no Yona)
|Genre||Adventure, fantasy, romance|
|Written by||Mizuho Kusanagi|
|Magazine||Hana to Yume|
|Original run||August 4, 2009 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Kazuhiro Yoneda|
|Written by||Shinichi Inotsume|
|Music by||Kunihiko Ryo|
|Original network||AT-X, Tokyo MX, Sun TV, TV Aichi, RKK, BS11|
|Original run||October 7, 2014 – March 24, 2015|
|Episodes||24 + 3 OVA|
Yona of the Dawn (Japanese: 暁のヨナ, Hepburn: Akatsuki no Yona) is a Japanese manga series by Mizuho Kusanagi. It is published in Hakusensha's shōjo manga magazine Hana to Yume from August 2009. An anime television series based on this manga was created by Pierrot. It aired between October 7, 2014 and March 24, 2015.
Funimation has licensed the anime series for streaming and home video rights in North America. The first opening theme is an song by Kunihiko Ryo, called "Akatsuki no Yona" (暁のヨナ, lit. meaning Yona of the Dawn). The first ending theme is Yoru (夜, lit. meaning Night) by Vistlip. The second opening theme is "Akatsuki no Hana", by Cyntia. The second ending theme is "Akatsuki", by Akiko Shikata. The first OVA was released on September 18, 2015, the second OVA was released on August 19, 2016 and the third OVA was released on December 20, 2016.
References[change | change source]
- "The Official Website for Yona of the Dawn Manga". Viz Media. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- "Akatsuki no Yona Shōjo Fantasy Manga Gets TV Anime". Anime News Network. July 1, 2014. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- "Cyntia Performs Yona of the Dawn Anime's 2nd Opening". Anime News Network. January 17, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "Akiko Shikata to Perform Yona of the Dawn Anime's 2nd Ending". Anime News Network. December 10, 2014. Retrieved January 6, 2015.
- "Akatsuki no Yona OAD Ship With 19th Manga Volume in September". Anime News Network. May 24, 2015. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- "Yona of the Dawn Gets New 2-Part OVA Adapting Manga's Zeno Arc". Anime News Network. March 17, 2016. Retrieved March 17, 2016.