A Nigerian Yoruba bride in a lace Buba blouse, with Ipele and the gele headtie made from contemporary Aso Oke
Yoruba is an ethnic group of people living in Africa. They live on the west coast of Africa, mostly Nigeria and Ghana.
- ↑ Nigeria at CIA World Factbook: "Yoruba 21%" out of a population of 170.1 million (2012 estimate)
- ↑ Benin at CIA World Factbook: "Yoruba and related 12.3%" out of a population of 9.6 million (2012 estimate)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Joshuaproject.net "The exactness of numbers presented here can be misleading. Numbers can vary by several percentage points or more."
- ↑ mostly in the United States; Joshuaproject.net estimates 186,000 in the US. About 3,000 in Canada: "Ethnic origins, 2006 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories". bottom: Statistics Canada. http://www12.statcan.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/hlt/97-562/pages/page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo=PR&Code=01&Table=2&Data=Count&StartRec=1&Sort=3&Display=All&CSDFilter=5000. Retrieved 2010-04-04.. In Canada, 19,520 identified as Nigerian and 61,430 as Canadians.
- ↑ Mostly in the UK ( Joshuaproject.net estimates 94,000), about 6,000 in Greece.
- ↑ "Nigeria Human Rights Report - Freedom of Religion". bottom. http://www.ncbuy.com/reference/country/humanrights.html?code=ni&sec=2c. "Many southern ethnic groups were predominantly Christian, although the Yoruba were approximately 50 percent Muslim."