Yoruba is an ethnic group of people living in Africa. They live on the west coast of Africa, mostly Nigeria and Ghana.
- ↑ Nigeria at CIA World Factbook: "Yoruba 21%" out of a population of 170.1 million (2012 estimate)
- ↑ Benin at CIA World Factbook: "Yoruba and related 12.3%" out of a population of 9.6 million (2012 estimate)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Joshuaproject.net "The exactness of numbers presented here can be misleading. Numbers can vary by several percentage points or more."
- ↑ mostly in the United States; Joshuaproject.net estimates 186,000 in the US. About 3,000 in Canada: "Ethnic origins, 2006 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories". bottom: Statistics Canada. http://www12.statcan.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/hlt/97-562/pages/page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo=PR&Code=01&Table=2&Data=Count&StartRec=1&Sort=3&Display=All&CSDFilter=5000. Retrieved 2010-04-04.. In Canada, 19,520 identified as Nigerian and 61,430 as Canadians.
- ↑ Mostly in the UK ( Joshuaproject.net estimates 94,000), about 6,000 in Greece.
- ↑ "Nigeria Human Rights Report - Freedom of Religion". bottom. http://www.ncbuy.com/reference/country/humanrights.html?code=ni&sec=2c. "Many southern ethnic groups were predominantly Christian, although the Yoruba were approximately 50 percent Muslim."