|Area||17,343 km² (6,696 sq mi) |
Districts[change | change source]
Zabul is surrounded by Paktika and Ghzani provinces in the east, Urozgan province in the north, Kandahar province in west and south west, and Balochistan state of Pakistan in south.
Around 800,000 people live in Zabul with majority of them in Shahjoi, Arghandab and Kalat city.
Almond, grapes, apricots, wheat, and vigitables are the main agricultural products of Zabul, where around 80% people are farmers.
the current governor of Zabul province is Mr. Bissmillah Afghanmal son of Haji Mauladad Momand, borne in Kandahar in 1976.
|Argahandab||Sub-divided in 2005|
|Kakar||Created in 2005 within Argahandab District|
|Naw Bahar||21,144||Created in 2005 from parts of Shamulzayi and Shinkay Districts|
|Tarnak Aw Jaldak||19,017|
Transportation[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Provinces of Afghanistan on Statoids.
- "Afghanistan's Provinces – Zabul at USAID". Archived from the original on 2008-07-27. Retrieved 2012-04-17. no-break space character in
|title=at position 24 (help)
- Central Statistics Office of Afghanistan. "Settled Population of country by Provinces and sex for 2006-2009 years". Archived from the original on 2010-01-28. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-07-03. Retrieved 2012-04-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Afghanistan Geographic & Thematic Layers
- First Airstrip in Zabul Province Archived 2007-08-07 at the Wayback Machine, USAID Archived 2010-05-27 at the Wayback Machine