June 19, 1978
Passaic, New Jersey, U.S.
Marco Perego-Saldaña (m. 2013)
Zoë Yadira Saldaña-Perego (née Saldaña Nazario; born June 19, 1978) is an American actress. She is best known for her work in several science fiction franchises. She has acted in three of the five highest-grossing movies of all time. These are Avatar, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame). She has also acted in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies and several Star Trek movies. Her movies have earned more than $11 billion worldwide. She is the second-highest-grossing movie actress of all time as of 2019[update].
Saldaña is also a trained dancer. She began her acting career in two 1999 episodes of Law & Order. Her first movie role was in Center Stage (2000) in which she played a ballet dancer. She starred with Britney Spears in the movie Crossroads in 2002. Saldaña had her breakthrough performance with her work in several science fiction movie franchises. These began in 2009 with her roles as Nyota Uhura in the Star Trek movie series and Neytiri in the Avatar movie series. She went on to play Gamora in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, beginning with Guardians of the Galaxy in 2014. Saldaña has also starred in the science fiction movie The Adam Project and the romantic drama miniseries From Scratch.
She was born in Passaic, New Jersey.
Family life[change | change source]
On June 2013, Saldaña married an Italian former footballer turned artist Marco Perego. They have three sons together, twins Bowie and Cy (born 2014) and Zen (born 2016).
Notes[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Howell, Peter (15 December 2009). "For Avatar, Star Trek actress Saldaña, a very good year". The Star. Toronto. Archived from the original on 14 December 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
Zoë Saldaña [...] appreciates anyone remembering the umlaut over the "e" in her first name. She doesn't insist upon it –- she is accustomed to writers leaving it out -– but this courtesy indicates to her somebody cares about the details. 'I really like the umlaut!'
- Wong, Germaine (2019-05-03). "With Avengers: Endgame, Zoe Saldaña Has Starred In Three Of The Highest Grossing Movies Ever Made". Geek Culture. Retrieved 2021-07-15.
- "Zoe Saldaña Movie Box Office Results". Box Office Mojo. Archived from the original on August 29, 2019. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- "People Index". Box Office Mojo. Archived from the original on May 18, 2019. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- Shattuck, Kathryn (May 4, 2017). "Zoe Saldaña, Sci-fi Queen, on the 'Guardians' Sequel". The New York Times. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Zoe Saldana at Wikimedia Commons