Zoltan Istvan Gyurko, 2017
Zoltan Istvan Gyurko
1973 (age 46–47)
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Transhumanist (before 2017)
|Spouse(s)||Lisa M. Memmel, MD|
|Residence||Mill Valley, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Columbia University|
|Occupation||Journalist and entrepreneur|
|Known for||Transhumanist politics|
In late 2014, Istvan announced his plans to run for President of the United States in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. In 2017, Istvan announced his plans to run for Governor of California in the 2018 election as a member of the Libertarian Party.
In November 2017, Istvan announced his plans to run for President of the United States in the 2020 presidential election for the Libertarian Party. In January 2019, he announced that he withdrew from the Libertarian primary.
In November 2019, Istvan announced his candidacy for the Republican Party's nomination in the 2020 United States presidential election, hoping to win the GOP nomination against President Donald Trump.
References[change | change source]
- "FEC Form 2 Statement of Candidacy" (PDF). Federal Election Commission. 19 June 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- Bartlett, Jamie (April 3, 2014). "'Transhumanists' are planning to upload your mind to a memory stick..." The Telegraph. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "Transhumanist novel by Zoltan Istvan sparks intense dialog among futurists".
- "Ziventures - About".
- Why I'm Running for California Governor as a Libertarian
- Essential Politics: State Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra to open Washington office, cap-and-trade auction revenue results are revealed - Los Angeles Times
- "Writing & Photography Assignments". ZI Ventures. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- Zoltan Istvan - VICE
- Zoltan Istvan | WIRED UK
- "Zoltan Istvan". The Huffington Post. Retrieved September 7, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-07-07. Retrieved 2017-11-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Zoltan Istvan (January 22, 2015). "The Transhumanist Party's Presidential Candidate on the Future of Politics". Motherboard.vice.com. Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- "Zoltan Istvan, who advocates radical technology, hopes to be governor of California". February 12, 2017.
- Kellogg, Spencer (November 25, 2017). "Interview With Libertarian Party Transhumanist, Running for California Governor, Zoltan Istvan". 71 Republic. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- Istvan, Zoltan (January 11, 2019). "January 11, 2019 Blog Post". Maven Round Table. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- Mack, Eric (November 18, 2019). "Zoltan Istvan, a leader of the transhumanist movement to merge humans with technology, is challenging Trump with a plan for America that's beyond radical". Cnet. Retrieved November 19, 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]