From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Armenian Origin of the Etruscans)
The Etruscan language has never been deciphered, because we have no continuous prose, just engravings on gravestones. We do know it was different from the neighbouring Italic and Celtic peoples, who spoke Indo-European languages.
Language[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Achilli A. et al. (2007-04-01). "Mitochondrial DNA variation of Modern Tuscans supports the Near Eastern Origin of Etruscans". The American Journal of Human Genetics 80 (4): 759–68. . . .
- Cavalli-Sforza L.L; Menozzi P. & Piazza A. 1994. The history and geography of human genes. Princeton University Press, Princeton. ISBN 0-691-02905-9
- Larissa Bonfante (2002). The Etruscan language. . http://books.google.com/books?id=VWGN6e5Rzf8C&pg=PA49&dq=Etruscan+Lydia#PPA51,M1.
- A History of Armenia. Vahan Kurkjian p.19
- The Armenian Origin of the Etruscans by Robert Ellis, London, 1861.
- Etruscan researches - Page 351 Isaac Taylor