|Tenure||24 December 1714 – 14 January 1724|
|Tenure||6 September 1724 – 9 July 1746|
|Spouse||Philip V of Spain|
|Charles III, King of Spain
Mariana Victoria, Queen of Portugal
Philip, Duke of Parma
Maria Teresa Rafaela, Dauphine of France
Infante Luis, Count of Chinchón
Maria Antonia Fernanda, Queen of Sardinia
|House||House of Farnese (by birth)
House of Bourbon (by marriage)
|Father||Odoardo Farnese, Hereditary Prince of Parma|
|Mother||Dorothea Sophie of Neuburg|
|Born||25 October 1692
Palazzo della Pilotta, Parma, Italy
|Died||11 July 1766
Royal Palace of Aranjuez, Spain
|Burial||17 July 1766
Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso
Elisabetta Farnese (25 October 1692 – 11 July 1766) was the second wife of Philip V of Spain. Phillip's first wife, Maria Luisa of Savoy, had died in February 1714. Elisabetta married the king in December 1714. She had lots of influence over the state till her husband's death in 1746. She acted as Regent in 1759 when her eldest son Charles III of Spain became king and was travelling from Naples. There were plans for her to marry Victor Amadeus, Prince of Piedmont but the marriage never occurred.
Children[change | edit source]
- Charles III of Spain (20 January 1716 – 14 December 1788) Duke of Parma, King of Naples and Sicily and King of Spain. Married Maria Amalia of Saxony and had children.
- Infante Francisco (21 March 1717 – 21 April 1717) died in infancy.
- Maria Anna Victoria of Spain (31 March 1718 – 15 January 1781) married the future Joseph I of Portugal and had children.
- Infante Felipe (20 March 1720 – 18 July 1765) Duke of Parma. Married Louise Élisabeth of France and had children.
- Maria Teresa Rafaela of Spain (11 June 1726 – 22 July 1746) married Louis Ferdinand, Dauphin of France and had children.
- Infante Luis (25 July 1727 – 7 August 1785) Archbishop of Toledo, Primate of Spain. Married morganatically to María Teresa de Vallabriga y Rozas and had children.
- Maria Antonia of Spain (17 November 1729 – 19 September 1785) married the future Victor Amadeus III of Sardinia and had children.
Titles and styles[change | edit source]
- 25 October 1692 - 24 December 1714 Her Highness Princess Elisabetta
- 24 December 1714 – 14 January 1724 Her Majesty The Queen of Spain
- 14 January 1724 - 6 September 1724 Her Majesty Queen Eisabeth
- 6 September 1724 – 9 July 1746 Her Majesty The Queen of Spain
- 9 July 1746 - 10 August 1759 Her Majesty The Dowager Queen
- 10 August 1759 - 7 October 1759 Her Majesty The Queen regent
- 7 October 1759 - 11 July 1766 Her Majesty The Queen mother