Letizia, Princess of Asturias
Letizia, Princess of Asturias (Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, born 15 September 1972), is the wife of Felipe, Prince of Asturias, the heir apparent to the Spanish throne. Before her marriage to the prince, she worked as a journalist for several mass media companies. These included the Austrian newspaper La Nueva España, ABC and EFE. She also presented the news on television. In 2000, she received the Larra Prize for her work as the best journalist under 30 years of age.
In 1998, she married Alfonso Guerrero. The next year they divorced. Later she met the Prince Felipe at a dinner party. They married on May 22, 2004. Their daughter Leonor was born in October 2005. She is the second in the line of succession for the Spanish Crown. Sofía, her second daughter, was born in April 2007.
Since her second wedding, she has had the title of Princess of Asturias. She accompanies her husband on official travel wherever she can. She very much likes fashion. People and the press are always noticing what she wearing.
Titles and styles[change | edit source]
- 15 September 1972 – 6/7 August 1998: Miss Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano
- 6/7 August 1998 – 1999: Mrs. Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano
- 1999 – 22 May 2004: Ms. Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano
- 22 May 2004 – present: Her Royal Highness The Princess of Asturias
References[change | edit source]
- "Crown Prince Felipe & Crown Princess Letizia Biography". Royal Insight. http://www.royalinsight.net/content/felipe-letizia-biography. Retrieved 31 January 2013.