Religious conversion is the adoption of a new religious identity, or a change from one religious identity to another. "Conversion" can take place not only from one religion to another, but also between different denominations, within the same faith, when this involves a felt change of identity rather than other reasons such as convenience.
- Barrett, D. V. The New Believers—A survey of sects, cults and alternative religions (2001) UK, Cassell & Co 
- Cooper, Richard S. "The Assessment and Collection of Kharaj Tax in Medieval Egypt" (Journal of the American Oriental Society, Vol. 96, No. 3. (Jul. – Sep., 1976), pp. 365–382.
- Barker, Eileen The Making of a Moonie: Choice or Brainwashing? (1984)
Other websites [change]
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: convert.|
- "Proselytism, Change of Religion, and International Human Rights," by Natan Lerner, Ph.D. (legal aspects of defining illicit proselytism)
- How Does One Convert to Judaism?
- All Roads Lead to Rome Catholic conversion experience at The Truth about the Catholic Church
- Choosing Judaism: Resource Center for Prospective Converts
- Jewish Encyclopedia: Proselyte
- Online Book on conversion to Hinduism
- Podcast about Mormon conversion experience
- Islam converts change face of Europe