The Hub (TV channel)
|Launched||October 10, 2010|
|Owned by||Discovery Communications
(both owning 50%)
|Slogan||Where Everything Comes Together|
|Headquarters||Silver Spring, Maryland|
|Sister channel(s)||Discovery Channel
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
Discovery Fit & Health
|DirecTV (US)||Channel 294
Channel 1294 (VOD)
|Dish Network||Channel 179|
|C-Band||AMC 11-Channel 610 (4DTV Digital)|
|SKY México||Channel 271|
|DirecTV (Latin America)||Channel 330|
|Available on most cable systems||Check local listings for details|
|AT&T U-Verse||Channel 335 (SD)
Channel 1335 (HD)
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 259 (SD)
Channel 789 (HD)
|Sky Angel||Channel 314|
The Hub is a Digital cable and satellite television television network in the United States. The Hub replaced Discovery Kids and has a joint venture of both Discovery Communications, Inc. and Hasbro. The headquarters for the television channel is in Silver Spring, Maryland. The Hub launched at 10:00 am ET (9:00 am CT) on October 10, 2010 and took over the Discovery Kids channel space after a final marathon of Kenny the Shark. The very first program aired on The Hub was The Twisted Whiskers Show. The channel is owned 50% by both Hasbro and Discovery Communications, Inc..
Program blocks[change | change source]
There are 4 blocks for the channel:
HubBub[change | change source]
HubBub is a daytime programming block for preschoolers. HubBub usually airs from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm ET (8:00 am–12:00 pm CT). Shows like Animal Mechanicals, Maryoku Yummy, In the Night Garden, Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures and The WotWots are aired during HubBub.
Family Prime Time[change | change source]
Family Prime Time is a nighttime lineup and is broadcast on Monday to Thursdays from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am ET (6:00 pm to 5:00 am CT), Fridays from 2:00 to 4:00 am ET (1:00 to 3:00 am CT), Saturdays from 1:00 to 4:00 am ET (12:00 to 3:00 am CT) and Sundays from 12:00 to 4:00 am ET (11:00 pm to 3:00 am CT). Shows like Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show, Doogie Howser, M.D., Laverne & Shirley, The Wonder Years and Happy Days are aired during Family Prime Time.
HubBoom[change | change source]
HubBoom which is a late night block of action-themed programming and is broadcast Monday through Thursdays from 11:30 pm to 1:00 am ET (10:30 pm to 12:00 am CT). Shows like Batman, The Transformers and G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero are aired during HubBoom.
Saturday Mash Up[change | change source]
Saturday Mash Up is an almost all-day block. Saturday Mash Up has several sub-blocks (Crack Up, Smash Up, Team Up, Family Prime, and Family Movie Night).
- Crack Up is a sub-block that airs comedy cartoons and airs from 6:00 am Eastern/5:00 am Central to 10:00 am Eastern/9:00 am Central.
- Smash Up is a sub-block that airs action shows and airs from 10:00 am Eastern/9:00 am Central to 2:00 pm Eastern/1:00 pm Central.
- Team Up is a sub-block that airs two back-to-back episodes of Family Game Night and airs from 3:00 pm Eastern/2:00 pm Central to 5:00 pm Eastern/4:00 pm Central.
- Family Prime is a sub-block that airs The Hub's best shows and airs from 7:00 pm Eastern/6:00 pm Central to 9:00 pm Eastern/8:00 pm Central.
- Family Movie Night is a sub-block that airs family movies and it airs from 9:00 pm Eastern/8:00 pm Central to 11:00 pm Eastern/10:00 pm Central.