The Gejo-bashi bridge and site of the Ote-mon gate at Tokushima castle
Tokushima (徳島市 Tokushima-shi) is the capital city of Tokushima Prefecture in Japan.
Tokushima is on Shikoku island at the mouth of the Yoshino River.
Tokushima is a former castle town (joka-machi) of the Hachisuka clan.
- 1586 – Castle build by Hachisuka
- 1889 – Modern city created
- 1945 - Most of the city is destroyed by US bombers
- ↑ Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Tokushima prefecture" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 980.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Nussbaum, "Tokushima" at p. 980.
Other websites [change]