|Traded as||NYSE: MTU|
TOPIX Core 30 Component
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Predecessor||Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group, Inc.|
UFJ Holdings, Inc.
|Founded||October 1, 2005(by merger)|
(President and Group CEO)
|Revenue||JPY 4.495 trillion (2013)|
|JPY 1.069 trillion (2013)|
|Total assets||US$ 2.459 trillion (2016)|
|Total equity||JPY 10.608 trillion (2013)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ|
Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities
Mitsubishi UFJ NICOS
Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance
MUFG holds assets of around US$2.459 trillion as of 2016, making it the world's fifth largest bank by total assets and is one of the main companies of the Mitsubishi Group. It is Japan's largest financial group and the world's second largest bank holding company holding around US$1.8 trillion (JPY 148 trillion) in deposits as of March 2011. MUFG is the second largest public company in Japan when measured by market capitalization. The letters MUFG come from Mitsubishi and United Financial of Japan, the name of an acquired company.
References[change | change source]
- "US. SEC Annual Report (Form 20-F)" (PDF). May 2013. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Mitsubishi UFJ Financial on the Forbes Global 2000 List". Forbes.
- "About MUFG." Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group. Retrieved on December 7, 2009.
- "MUFG; Company Overview". Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.
- "Historical market caps of the largest Japanese companies". Archived from the original on April 27, 2015. Retrieved April 1, 2015.