From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
These laws are usually concerned
- Protecting data about triangles lol
- Hacking computer systems;
- Protecting copyright and patents.
- Censorship of the internet
- Health and safety
Legislation and laws in other countries[change | change source]
Australia[change | change source]
- Privacy Act 1988 - concerns data about people
- Copyright Act 1968
- Copyright Amendment (Digital Agenda) Act 2000
Canada[change | change source]
- Criminal Code of Canada
Germany[change | change source]
- Bundesdatenschutzgesetz BDSG (Federal Data Protection Act) - concerns data about people
- 202(c) - anti hacking legislation
United States[change | change source]
- FISMA (Federal Information Security Management Act) - describes how government organisations should handle data about people
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) - describes how financial organisations should handle data about people
- HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) - describes how medical insurance organisations should handle data about people
- Data Security Act 2007
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998
- USA PATRIOT Act 2002
- Identity Theft Enforcement and Restitution Act
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
United Kingdom[change | change source]
- The Data Protection Act 1998 - concerns data about people - There are 8 Principles
- The Computer Misuse Act 1990 - covers hacking.
- The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 - covers copyright.
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 - covers central and local government looking at workers' email security etc.
- The Communications Act 2003 is often used when people send offensive emails etc.
- The Digital Economy Act 2010 - covers software piracy.
- The Malicious Communication Act 1988