Generation Y is made up of people born after Generation X. There are no exact dates for when Generation Y started and ended. But the time is roughly for births between the early 1980s to the mid-1990s or early 2000s. People in this generation are sometimes called Millennials. They are also called Echo Boomers because of the high birth rate during this period. The high birth rate almost matches that of the Baby Boom period after World War II.
Some of the famous celebrities who are from Generation Y are Kylie Jenner, Chloe Grace Moretz, Jaden Smith, Shawn Mendes, Joey King, Ariel Winter, Harry Styles, Kendall Jenner, Hallie Kate Eisenberg, Nikki Reed, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Kate Bosworth, Lorde, Justin Bieber, Mandy Moore, Miley Cyrus, Mara Wilson, Colbie Caillat, and Avril Lavigne.
References[change | change source]
- "Millennials". Pro Culture Consulting. http://www.procultureconsulting.com/speaking.html. Retrieved Mar 6, 2015.
- "Is Feminism Over?". Oliver DeMille. http://oliverdemille.com/2013/01/feminism. Retrieved Mar 6, 2015.
- "Millennials Drive Less". US PIRG. http://www.uspirg.org/reports/usp/millennials-motion. Retrieved Mar 22, 2016.
- "Millennnials Shift Away from Driving". Baltimore Sun. http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-md-millenials-driving-report-20141014-story.html. Retrieved Mar 22, 2016.
- "Why are Millennials Forgoing Driving". The Christian Science Monitor. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2016/0120/Why-are-Millennials-forgoing-driving. Retrieved Mar 22, 2016.