List of districts in Arunachal Pradesh
Jump to navigation Jump to search
On December 1, 1965 the erstwhile North-East Frontier Agency was divided into five districts:
- Kameng district
- upper Subansiri district and lower Subansiri district
- Siang district
- Lohit district
- Tirap district
Districts[change | change source]
- Kameng Division (Bomdila): Tawang, West Kameng, East Kameng
- Subansiri Division (Ziro): Papum Pare, Kurung Kumey, Kra Daadi, Lower Subansiri, Upper Subansiri
- Siang Division (Pasighat): West Siang, East Siang, Central Siang, Upper Siang
- Lohit-Dibang Division (Tezu): Upper Dibang Valley, Lower Dibang Valley, Anjaw, Lohit, Namsai
- Tirap Division (Khonsa): Changlang, Tirap, Longding
|Code||District||Headquarters||Population (2011)||Area (km²)||Density (/km²)||Map|
|UD||Lower Dibang Valley||Roing||53,986||3,900||14|
|Upper Dibang Valley||Anini||7,948||9,129||1|
New Proposals[change | change source]
- Rima district, from Changlang district. Sub-divisions: Diyun, Bordumsa, Kharsang, Jairampur, Nampong, Rima-Putak (Tikhak), Miao, and Vijoynagar
- Lower Siang district with headquarter in Likabali, from West Siang district and East Siang district
- Itanagar district, from Papum Pare district. Sub-divisions: Tarasso, Balijan, Sangdupota, Banderdava, Itanagar, and Naharlagun.
- Sagalee district, from Papum Pare district. Sub-divisions: Sagalee, Leporiang, Parang, and Mengio.
- North Subansiri district, from Kurung Kumey (Sub-divisions of Sarli, Damin), Kra Daadi (Sub-division of Pipsorang/Longding Koling) and Upper Subansiri (Sub-divisions of Taksing, Limeking, Nacho, Siyum) districts.
- Leparada district with headquarter in Basar
- Hayuliang district, from Anjaw district (Sub-divisions of Hayuliang, Metengliang, Chaglagam, Goiliang) and northeastern parts of Tezu circle in Lohit district.