Process[change | change source]
Failure of POST[change | change source]
Other tools[change | change source]
LKGC[change | change source]
LKGC(Last Known Good Configuration) reverts to the last non-problematic, successful bootup. It is similar to System Restore, but its primary function is to allow the user to use the computer normally, unlike System Restore, which does not guarantee a fix. Also, LKGC is unrevertable, unless you successfully bootup again.
System Restore[change | change source]
System Repair[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Power On Self Test. Retrieved 5-17-10.
- POST Overview. Retrieved 3-4-09.
- Failing POST. Retrieved July 5, 2007.
- What is LKGC? Retrieved 2-4-06.
- System Restore/LKGC Comparison. Retrieved November 26, 2007.