Quake III: Arena
It is a first person shooter and its main goal is to kill ("frag") other players using various weapons. You can fight against computer-guided characters ("bots") in singleplayer mode, or against human players in multiplayer mode (via LAN or Internet).
Game modes[change | change source]
There are four game modes:
- Tournament: 1 vs. 1.
- Free for all (FFA): standard "deathmach" (everyone vs. everyone)
- Team Deathmatch (TDM): players are divided into two teams (red and blue)
- Capture the flag (CTF): two teams, you have to get the flag of the enemy and bring it to your base
Expansions[change | change source]
You can install many expansions for this game: new levels and new characters, or entire "mods" (light or heavy modifications of the game, with new items, rules, weapons...).
- Team Arena (official)
- OSP (Orange Smoothie Production)
- Instagib (1 hit-kill)
- Clan Arena
- Rocket Arena 3
- CPMA (Challenge Pro Mode Arena, simply "ProMode" or "CPM")