National Academy of Sciences
National Academy of Sciences (NAS) is United States corporation whose members serve as advisers to the nation on science. New members of the organization are elected annually by current members, based on their distinguished and continuing achievements in original research.
The National Academy of Sciences is part of the United States National Academies, which also includes:
- National Academy of Engineering (NAE)
- Institute of Medicine (IOM)
- United States National Research Council (NRC)
The NAS is running 21-month project which will study how humans might influence weather patterns, assess dangers and investigate possible national security implications of climate geoengineering attempts to mitigate global warming. The project is funded by the CIA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and NASA.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to National Academy of Sciences at Wikimedia Commons
Notes[change | change source]
- National Academy of Sciences. "Visiting Our Buildings". Retrieved 12 October 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Project:". www8.nationalacademies.org.
- http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/07/cia-geoengineering-control-climate-change Mother Jones
- Aldhous, Peter. "CIA spooks investigate geoengineering to fix climate". New Scientist.