Walt Disney World Resort
The Walt Disney World Resort, also called Walt Disney World or Disney World, is near Orlando, Florida, United States. It opened on October 1, 1971 with only the Magic Kingdom theme park. It has since added Epcot (October 1, 1982), Disney's Hollywood Studios (May 1, 1989) and Disney's Animal Kingdom (April 22, 1998). It also has two water parks, 23 hotels, a campground, and Downtown Disney, which is a shopping area with souvenir shops, restaurants, and sports activities.
The resort was inspired by the dreams of Walt Disney and his creation of Disneyland in California. Its original theme park, Magic Kingdom, is designed similarly to Disneyland. Walt Disney created "Disney World" to have a vacation resort that was much different from Disneyland's one-day visit; this includes a much wider variety of sports, recreation, themed resort hotels and entertainment. It is 50 square miles long.
It also comes with lots of different rides and you can go swimming at the water parks. Sometimes, Disney characters walk around the parks. The rides are related to the books and films that Disney created.
Attractions[change | change source]
Theme Parks[change | change source]
There are 4 theme parks in Walt Disney World. And each of them hav numerous rides, restaurants and entertainment activities to witness.You can meet disney characters there and have fun viewing different parades.
- Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disney's Animal Kingdom
Water Parks[change | change source]
There are 2 water parks for your enjoyment.
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Park
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
Others[change | change source]
- Disney's boardwalk
- Disney's spring
- ESPN's wide world of sports complex
Plan A Visit[change | change source]
Since it is one of the most popular destination for a lot of tourists as well as locals, the place during peak times can get really crowded. Disney's Magic Kingdom alone record more than 18,588,000 visitors annually. Heavy footfalls are recorded in summer months and holiday times like Christmas and Thanksgiving.  So if you want to avoid long queues, it is better to plan a trip in off seasons.
It is not possible to cover the entire amusement park in a single visit. There is a lot of planning required to see the best of Disney World. It is beneficial to book tickets from ticketing and travel information websites. Not only you get great discounts and but you don't have to worry about all the planning including the restaurant reservations, resort bookings .On top of that many sites offer attractive packages you can opt for too.
References[change | change source]
- "50 Disney World Trivia Facts and Unusual Weird Secrets". Vacation Kids.com. http://www.vacationkids.com/diswithkids-blog/bid/309323/50-Disney-World-Trivia-Facts-and-Unusual-Weird-Secrets. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- "17 things you didn't know about Disney World". Thrillist. https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/disney-world-facts-things-you-didn-t-know-about-the-orlando-theme-park. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "World's Most Visited Tourist Attractions". Travelandleisure.com. http://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/worlds-most-visited-tourist-attractions/13.
- "Disney Vacation Planning Guide". Usatoday.com. http://traveltips.usatoday.com/disney-vacation-planning-guide-21243.html.
- "Walt Disney World Tickets". KnowBeforeUGo.com. https://www.knowbeforeugo.com/disney-world-tickets.html.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Walt Disney World Resort|