|Born||June 16, 1948|
Gilbert, Louisiana, U.S.
|Alma mater||Mt. Carmel Theological|
Willie L. Wilson (born June 16, 1948) is an American businessman and politician. He has owned and operated many different McDonald's restaurant franchises and owns Omar Medical Supplies. He worked and lives in Chicago.
Wilson ran for Mayor of Chicago in the 2015 election and currently in the 2019 election. Wilson announced on June 1, 2015, that he would be running as a candidate for President of the United States in the 2016 election. He ran as a Democrat.
References[change | change source]
- BusinessMakers, MusicMakers - Willie L. Wilson The HistoryMakers. July 16, 2008. Accessed June 4, 2015.
- With White House in his sights, Willie Wilson heads to Iowa Chicago Sun Times. June 1, 2015. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- Willie Wilson selling up-by-the-bootstraps story in Chicago mayor race Chicago Tribune. February 13, 2015. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- Meet mayoral candidate Willie Wilson, the anti-politician RedEye. February 11, 2015. Accessed June 6, 2015.
- Sharecropper’s son turned successful businessman, Wilson wants ‘equal opportunity for all’ Chicago Sun Times. February 9, 2015. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- Willie Wilson, third in Chicago mayor's race, exploring presidential run Chicago Tribune. May 12, 2015. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- Willie Wilson Throws Hat In the Ring to Bid for President Chicago Defender. May 12, 2015. Accessed June 3, 2015.
- Chicago businessman Willie Wilson running for president WGN-TV. June 1, 2015. Accessed June 3, 2015.