From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1640s 1650s 1660s – 1670s – 1680s 1690s 1700s|
|Years:||1669 1670 1671 – 1672 – 1673 1674 1675|
- March 15 – Charles II of England issues the Royal Declaration of Indulgence.
- May 2 – John Maitland becomes Duke of Lauderdale and Earl of March.
- June 12 – French forces under king Louis XIV cross the Rhine to Netherlands
- June 28 – William III of Orange appointed Stadtholder of Holland, Zeeland and Utrecht.
- August 20 – Johan de Witt, Grand Pensionary of Holland is slaughtered by a mob in The Hague.
- England, France, Münster and Cologne invade the United Provinces, therefore this name is known as ´het rampjaar´ (the disaster year) in the Netherlands.