From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- For other uses, see Amazon.
The Amazons (in Greek, Αμαζόνες) were a mythical ancient nation of all-women warriors. Herodotus placed them in a region around Scythia in Sarmatia. The histories and legends in Greek mythology may be inspired by warrior women among the Sarmatians.
Other websites [change]
- Herodotus on the Amazons
- Man-Handlers: Feminism in Ancient Greece by Declan Jenkins, New College, Oxford, in The Owl Journal
- Straight Dope: Amazons
- The Amazons in Greek Legend
- Amazons of Mythology
- The Amazon Connection
- Amazon Nation
- Secrets of the Dead: Amazon Warrior Women (PBS)
- The Women Warriors - the Sarmatians