Antarctic Treaty System
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The ATS is used for governing the continent. The main idea of the Antarctic Treaty System (ATS) is to make sure that Antarctica is:
- is used peacefully and taken care of.
- is not exploited or used for animal hunting.
- is not involved with military use unless for peaceful purposes.
- is not owned by one group.
- is not ruled by any country and/or continent.
- is not used for violence e.g. testing nuclear missiles.
References[change | change source]