From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An apostle is a messenger and ambassador.
Apostle and The Apostles can mean:
- The term used in the New Testament that means "sent one" or "one on a mission".
- A very influential leader of a movement in history "he was an Apostle of the civil rights movement"
- The Twelve Apostles, the 12 followers of Jesus given "the Great Commission".
- The Seventy Apostles, the 70 sent forth in Luke 10. They are referred to as Apostles by the Orthodox Church and as Disciples in the Western tradition.
- Jesus is referred to as an apostle in Hebrews 3:1.
- Apostle (Mormonism), a position within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- The Apostle, a 1997 movie directed by and starring Robert Duvall.
- El Apóstol, the world's oldest animated feature movie, 1917, Argentina.
- Cambridge Apostles, a secret society at the University of Cambridge.
- The Apostles (band), a punk rock group from the 1980s.
- The Apostles (Elgar), a 1903 choral work by Edward Elgar.
- Apostle (production company), a television production company founded in 1994 by Jim Serpico and Denis Leary.
- Apostle Plant, the genus Neomarica of plants believed to only flower after growing 12 leaves.
- The Twelve Apostles (Irish counter-intelligence organisation), an Irish Republican Army unit created by Michael Collins.
- Muḥammad, as "رسول الله" "Rasūlullāh" (Muḥammad's primary title and a part of the Shahādah) can be translated as "The Apostle of God."
- 12 Apostles (record label), a record label.
- The Apostles, an installment of the Christian direct-to-video animated movie series, Greatest Heroes and Legends of the Bible, with narration by Charlton Heston. 
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.