A bearing is a device to permit fixed direction motion between two parts, typically rotation or linear movement. Bearings may be classified broadly according to the motions they allow and according to their principle of operation. The most common of the many types are plain bearings, roller bearings, and ball bearings as seen in the pictures.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Bearings|
- Comprehensive article on bearings
- How Bearings Work - Animations and functioning
- How Bearings Work - - Animations on www.mechanismen.be
- Early Bearing Failure Detection - Case study
- Catalogs, CAD files and more Bearings information from Bosch Rexroth