Affleck in 2012
|Born||Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt
August 15, 1972
Berkeley, California, U.S.
|Alma mater||Occidental College
University of Vermont
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer, screenwriter|
|Spouse||Jennifer Garner (m. 2005–present)|
Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt (born August 15, 1972) is an American actor, movie director, producer, and screenwriter. He became well known in the late 1990s, after acting in the movie Good Will Hunting. He has since become a Hollywood star having acted in several important movies. It was announced in August 2013 that Affleck would portray Batman in the upcoming 2015 Man of Steel sequel.
Early life[change | edit source]
Affleck was born in Berkeley, California. His mother, Christine Anne "Chris" Affleck (nee Boldt), was a school district employee and teacher. His father, Timothy Byers Affleck, has been a drug counselor, social worker, janitor, auto mechanic, bartender, writer, director, and actor with the Theater Company of Boston. Affleck's mother was a freedom rider in the 1960s; until her retirement, she was a public school teacher in Cambridge, Massachusetts. His younger brother is actor Casey Affleck. He has English, Irish, Scottish, German, Swedish, and French ancestry. The surname "Affleck" is of Scottish origin, and his middle name, "Géza", was the name of a family friend. He was raised in a mostly Episcopalian family.
References[change | edit source]
- "Ben Affleck Biography". People magazine. http://www.people.com/people/ben_affleck/biography/0,,,00.html. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Ben Affleck set to play Batman in 'Man of Steel' sequel". MSN.com. 23 August 2013. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=824406>1=28101. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Ben Affleck Biography (1972-)". Film reference. http://www.filmreference.com/film/85/Ben-Affleck.html. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Casey Affleck Biography (1975-)". Film Reference. http://www.filmreference.com/film/5/Casey-Affleck.html. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- Stephen Dalton (2012-12-31). "Once considered a flash in the pan, Ben Affleck is on the comeback trail - The National". Thenational.ae. http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/film/once-considered-a-flash-in-the-pan-ben-affleck-is-on-the-comeback-trail. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Mrs. Shaw was also the grandmother of Hollywood actors Ben and Casey Affleck.". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 2003-02-10. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/boston/access/285832951.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Feb+10%2C+2003&author=Emma+Stickgold%2C+Globe+Correspondent&pub=Boston+Globe&desc=ELIZABETH+SHAW%2C+MUSEUM+OF+MODERN+ART+OFFICIAL&pqatl=google. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- Stated on Inside the Actors Studio, 2001
- "THR Cover: Confessions of Ben Affleck". The Hollywood Reporter. 2011-11-17. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ben-affleck-thr-cover-argo-oscar-377611?page=3. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "With new film, Affleck ties Boston knot tighter - The Boston Globe". Boston.com. 2010-09-15. http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/articles/2010/09/15/with_new_film_affleck_ties_boston_knot_tighter/. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- Heyes, Rebecca. "10 Things About... Batman star Ben Affleck". Digital Spy. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a509341/10-things-about-batman-star-ben-affleck.html.
- "Film Interview – Ben Affleck / 'Hollywoodland'". Event Guide. Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. http://www.eventguide.ie/articles.elive?session_id=11696590572785496&sku=070122142932. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- McGee, Celia (December 18, 2003). "Wild about Jen; Ben Opens Up to our Celia McGee". Daily News (New York). http://articles.nydailynews.com/2003-12-18/entertainment/18237503_1_christmas-eve-christmas-day-jlo. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
Other websites[change | edit source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Ben Affleck|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Ben Affleck|
- Ben Affleck at the Internet Movie Database
- Ben Affleck at TV.com
- Entwagon.com : Ben Affleck
- A thorough Biography