William John "Bill" Hunter (February 27, 1940 – 21 May 2011) was an Australian actor. Hunter was known for being in many Australian movies. In the United States, Hunter is known for his roles as the Dentist in Finding Nemo. Hunter won the AACTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role in 1978.
Hunter was born on February 27, 1940 in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. He was married to Robbie Anderson until they divorced. Then he was married to Pat Bishop from 1976 until they divorced. Then he was married to Rhoda Roberts from 1993 until they divorced in 1999. He had a son with Anderson. Hunter died on May 21, 2011 in Kew, Victoria, Australia from liver cancer, aged 71.
References[change | change source]
- Hunter, William John, It's an Honour, 1 January 2001.
- Bill Hunter, 71, voiced the dentist in Finding Nemo. blog.bcdb.com, 23 May 2011
- "Bill Hunter, Actor Who Typified Australia, Dies at 71". The New York Times. Associated Press. 22 May 2011. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/23/movies/bill-hunter-actor-who-typified-australia-dies-at-71.html?ref=obituaries.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Bill Hunter at the Internet Movie Database
- "Bill Hunter's list of film and television credits". The Australian. Retrieved on 21 May 2011
- Bill Hunter on australianscreen