Brian Urlacher during the 2008 season.
|No. 54 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth: May 25, 1978|
|Place of birth: Pasco, Washington|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 258 lb (117 kg)|
|College: New Mexico Lobos|
|NFL Draft: 2000 / Round: 1 / Pick: 9|
|Debuted in 2000 for the Chicago Bears|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2011|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Brian Keith Urlacher is a football player who plays for the Chicago Bears of the NFL. Urlacher is known for being one of the best players in the league, being named to 8 Pro Bowls, and winning Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2000. Urlacher played for the University of New Mexico during his college days, being a Heisman Trophy finalist in 1999, and was drafted in the 2000 NFL Draft in the 1st round 9th overall by the Bears. After 5 years of being at the bottom of the NFC North (except for 2001), the Bears finally reached Super Bowl XLI, even though they lost to Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts, Urlacher still finished the year with 93 tackles and 3 forced fumbles, and was also a runner-up for the Defensive Player of the Year. In 2007 which was a year of being last in the North, Urlacher told press that he had a bad back, but it wasn't bad. Even though this issue came around, he still was able to get 5 interceptions, 5 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, 123 tackles, and a defensive touchdown. In 2009, Urlacher broke his wrist, and was out for the year. In 2010, the Bears defense became stronger, with the signing of Julius Peppers, winning the NFC North, but lost to the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship. In 2011, against the Minnesota Vikings, Urlacher hurt his MCL. Luckily, there was no ACL damage. Because of his injury, he didn't play in the 2010 Pro Bowl.
- Mayer, Larry, Bears well-represented in Pro Bowl voting (December 1, 2006), chicagobears.com, Retrieved on July 18, 2007.
- Associated Press, Bears hope Urlacher can be another Butkus (April 15, 2000), cnnsi.com, Retrieved on July 18, 2007.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, 2006 Chicago Bears Statistics & Players, Retrieved on March 23, 2009.
- Engel, Mac, Cowboys assistants, Falcons to talk soon (January 2, 2008), Star-Telegram.com, Retrieved on February 9, 2008.
- Mayer, Larry, Big plays highlighted productive season for Urlacher (January 27, 2008), chicagobears.com, Retrieved on February 9, 2008.
- McClure, Vaughn (2009-09-14). "Brian Urlacher likely out for the season with wrist injury". Chicago Tribune. http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2009/09/brian-urlacher-out-for-the-season-with-wrist-injury.html. Retrieved 2009-09-14.
- "Urlacher sprains left MCL late in victory". Chicagobears.com. 2012-01-01. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8532. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "MRI shows no ACL damage for Urlacher". Chicagobears.com. 2012-01-02. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8535. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
Other Websites [change]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Brian Urlacher|