British Board of Film Classification
The British Board of Film Classification is the organisation responsible for movie and some video game classification in the United Kingdom. The rating system can help parents decide which movies their children should not watch and what video games they should not play.
Ratings[change | change source]
There are seven ratings:
- U - Everybody can watch it.
- PG - Everybody can watch it, but very young children may need an adult with them.
- 12A - People under 12 need an adult with them.
- 12 - People must be 12 or over to watch the movie.
- 15 - People must be 15 or over to watch the movie.
- 18 - People must be 18 or over to watch the movie. These films usually contain a lot of horror, nudity or violence.
- R18 - People must be 18 or over to watch the movie and the movie can only be shown at specially licensed cinemas or sold in licensed sex shops. (This is specifically given to pornography.)