From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|One Canada Square|
The tallest building in the United Kingdom
|Antenna spire||235.0 m (771.0 ft)|
|Roof||195.0 m (639.8 ft)|
|Elevators||32 + 2 freight + 2 firemen|
|Design and construction|
|Owner||Canary Wharf Group plc (current majority shareholder is Songbird Estates plc)|
|Management||Canary Wharf Group plc|
|Main contractor|| Sir Robert McAlpine 
Olympia & York
+ approximately 40 sub-contractors
|Architect|| César Pelli & Associates
Frederick Gibberd Coombes & Partners
|Developer||Olympia & York|
|Engineer|| MS Yolles & Partners
- Canary Wharf Group plc, http://www.canarywharf.com/estate/estate/ds7/info.htm The Estate > Buildings > One Canada Square > More information > One Canada Square Facts, official Canary Wharf website, Canary Wharf Group plc. Accessed 25 May 2008 14:45 BST.
- Canary Wharf Contractors Limited, http://www.cwcontractors.com/projectsOneCanada.asp Some of our projects > One Canada Square > One Canada Square, Canary Wharf Contractors website, Canary Wharf Contractors Limited. Accessed 25 May 2008 15:30 BST.
- Canary Wharf Group plc, http://www.canarywharf.com/mainFrm1.asp?strSelectedArea=History History, official Canary Wharf website, Canary Wharf Group plc. Accessed 25 May 2008 14:38 BST.
- The Open University http://www.open2.net/modernity/3_17.htm A-Z Index > From Here to Modernity > Buildings > Canary Wharf > Canary Wharf, Open2 website, The Open University. Accessed 25 May 2008 15:39 BST. WARNING: THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS ERRORS.
- Canary Wharf Group plc, http://www.canarywharf.com/estate/estate/ds7/ds7_r.htm The Estate > Buildings > One Canada Square > Building profile > Building profile, official Canary Wharf website, Canary Wharf Group plc. Accessed 25 May 2008 14:52 BST.
- Songbird Estates plc http://www.songbirdestates.com/Corporate-Profile/index.asp Company Overview / AIM Rule 26 > 'Company Overview and Alternative Investment Market ("AIM") Rule 26', Songbird Estates website, Songbird Estates plc, 25 May 2008. Accessed 25 May 2008 20:08 BST.
- Hermione Hobhouse http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=46550 "Modern Docklands: Gazetteer of modern non-housing developments", "Survey of London: volumes 43 and 44: Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs", 1994. Accessed April 28, 2008
- Unknown author, http://www.building.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=32&storycode=3048265 "Faster, higher, stronger", Building website, Canary Wharf supplement 2005, 2005. Accessed 25 May 2008 14:26 BST.
- Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects (formerly Cesar Pelli & Associates) http://www.cesar-pelli.com/ Projects > Office Buildings > One Canada Square > One Canada Square, Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects website, Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects. Accessed 25 May 2008 17:00 BST.
- Answers Corporation http://www.answers.com/topic/adamson-associates-2?cat=entertainment "Art Encyclopedia: Adamson Associates", "Answers.com" website, Answers Corporation. Accessed 25 May 2008 19:52 BST.
- Gibberd http://www.gibberd.com/ Projects > Office > Canary Wharf > Canary Wharf, Gibberd website, Gibberd. Accessed 25 May 2008 19:46 BST. (Frederick Gibberd Coombes & Partners are now known as Frederick Gibberd Partnership)
- John Grigsby http://www.lddc-history.org.uk/property/index.html "LDDC Monograph" "Attracting Investment - Creating Value Establishing a Property Market in London Docklands", LDDC History Pages, IJP Community Regeneration, 12th June 2007. Accessed 24 May 2008.
- Waterman Group http://www.watermangroup.co.uk/wg/download/book/Chapter4a.pdf "Ingenuity and Engineering - The Waterman Story - The first 50 years", Chapter 4, page 45 of document or page 11 of PDF file, Waterman Group website, Waterman Group, no publication date stated. Accessed 25 May 2008 20:04 BST.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: One Canada Square|